Making negative lifestyle choices can be something people actively do or something people choose not or neglect to do. They include:
- Not doing enough physical activity
- Being too sedentary, i.e. sitting or lying down for long periods
- Having an unhealthy diet, eg eating too much or too little, eating too much fat/sugar/salt
- Not getting enough sleep or having erratic sleep patterns
- Abusing alcohol, i.e. drinking too much and/or too often
Negative lifestyle choices can affect both the body and mind in the short-term and long-term. Take a look at our wellbeing directory to see what service local to you could help improve your lifestyle choices.